Wednesday, April 22, 2009

1st Mets Game

Since meeting Mr. Met was such a hit (see earlier Mr. Met post) we decided to take Mary Pat to her first Met game, which was also the first game for all of us at Bailout Field, sorry, I mean Citi Field. In order to avoid the traffic and parking nightmares of driving all the way there, we just drove ten minutes to Manhasset and took the 15 minute LIRR ride from there. The new stadium was really nice and everyone loved Mary Pat's getup, especially the sunglasses. Luckily our seats were amongst the few that were in the shade so both MPK and Daddy were able to avoid the sun all day. All in all it was a great experience for all of us and we look forward to many more like it, especially if the Mets continue to play sub-.500 baseball all season which will make tickets easy to come by. Mary Pat was wonderful and even got her very own Mr. Met doll as a present for being such a good girl all day! Here are more pictures.

1 comment:

Leenie said...

I know I emailed you but thought I'd leave a comment too. She is too cute in those shades and is it me or are they resting on her chunky little cheeks? I figured you took the pic of her and Mr. Mets right before she stuffed him in her mouth!
Give her a big kiss for me on both chunky little cheeks!
XOXOXO

No good word verification today :(